1. Do I have to be admitted to Georgia Tech before I can apply to the Global Leadership LLC program?
Yes, please complete an application for admission to Georgia Tech at http://www.admission.gatech.edu/.
2. Is the Global Leadership Living Learning Community a part of the GT Freshmen Experience Residence Halls?
Yes, Global Leadership is a part of the GT Freshmen Experience program. Perry and Matheson Residence Hall (on GT East campus) will house the Global Leadership LLC. For additional information on GT residence life (e.g. view of the room, building, description of Freshmen Experience, etc.), please see www.housing.gatech.edu.
3. My friend has been admitted to Georgia Tech, but he/she is not interested in joining the Global Leadership LLC. Can we still be roommates?
Unfortunately, the first two floors of Perry and Matheson are reserved for Global Leadership participants only. Keep in mind that if you both live on East Campus, you will probably be within 400 yards of their dorm.
4. Does the Global Leadership LLC cost more than a traditional Freshmen Experience Residence Hall?
For Fall 2019, the Global Leadership LLC will have a base cost equivalent to Freshmen Program Experience Residence Halls on campus plus a $400 program fee per semester (i.e. fall 2019 and spring 2020) to cover professional development, social activities, excursions associated with the program. For housing rates, please see http://housing.gatech.edu/rates/Pages/default.aspx
5. What if I’ve already signed up for a dorm through housing?
No worries! When you decide to join Global Leadership, we will work with housing to make sure that you are placed in Perry or Matheson with everyone else.
6. I have applied to the living learning community. What should I expect next?
A decision regarding applications for students (admitted Fall 2019) is expected on April 5, 2019. The applicant may be invited to participate, put on the waitlist, or declined. If invited to participate, the applicant should respond to the invitation by the stated deadline.
7. I have accepted the invitation to participate in the living learning community. Should I complete a GT housing application?
Yes, please be sure to let GT know by May 1 that you plan to enroll. You should also complete a GT application for housing and pay the housing deposit. For information on accepting the GT offering and housing, please see: http://admitted.gatech.edu/accept
8. How do I specify the LLC on the GT housing application? How do I find a roommate from within the LLC?
After May 1, we will be matching the list of students who have elected to be a part of the Global Leadership LLC with the GT Housing application list. GT Housing will send your housing assignment information in early/mid-June. Lastly, we will be sharing information in early/mid May about how Global Leadership participants can identify possible roommates within the living learning community.
9. Who may I contact regarding additional questions about the Global Leadership LLC?